Sunday, June 10, 2007

Of Cyberspace Sorcery and Bytes of Nothing

Cyberspace can be cruel. At one instant there is sheer narcissistic pleasure from being the cynosure of a zillion bored eyeballs, and the next moment there is the sense of longing from hours of isolation. 'Cyberspace sorcery' , in my opinion, comprises all the necessary necromancy required to gain that daily dose of fame.(Its duration sometimes exceeds the 15 second threshold.)
I have indulged in my share of voodoo. I have tried numerous blog templates (at my desperate best I have changed the template thrice in a single day). I tried google adsense (till the advertisements made the blog look tacky), a creative commons license (I even updated from version 2.5 to version 3.0), links to blogs I like, a wikipedia link to the book I'm currently reading (and haven't finished) and other random additions. My blog is even listed in the directory of 'delightful blogs'!
At the end of it all, I feel as though my existence is now reduced to nothing but a sequence of bytes that I don't really consider 'significant'. I feel like a shallow exorcist who merely made the 'spookies' migrate to a more lucrative abode. So much for spicy site statistics!

No comments: