Thursday, November 23, 2006

Diva Likes : Part I

How on earth am I supposed to be a Diva without making unreasonable demands? In view of the impending dilemma I decided to compile a list of all the things I like.

I like it when footballers celebrate after making offside goals. A goal is a goal irrespective of whether there is someone to defend it.

I like blogs about Paris, especially the ones written by expats. They are honest and sometimes seem genuinely bemused.

I love to work, especially with my hands. I feel tremendous guilt if my hands are sitting idle (except when I've applied three coats of nail polish).

I love the way magazines conduct surveys on the education system; they are informative(duh?) and inconclusive.

I love the way the census board attempts to conduct a head count of the demographic.

I also love the way the population scales upward, exponentially, after the census board declares the outcome of the 'headcount'.

I love pseudo-intellectuals who put so much thought into the whole 'high-brow' attire (and so little into what they're actually saying). With the cigarettes, the coffee, the napkins to scribble on, the perennial 'bad hair day', loosely fitted clothes (draped around like hand-me-downs), the works and the quirks.


I love the way everyone on Oprah's show suddenly turns 'philosopher' and the audience starts to applaud (it's a pity we don't get to see that little board that spells 'a-p-p-l-a-u-s-e').

I personally enjoyed Tom Cruise's antics on Oprah. He's in great shape for someone who's 44.

I like the way certain catch phrases are attributed to people who never said them in the first place.(Like Sherlock Holmes never said, "Elementary dear Watson".)

I like the way I can go on writing till I sense that the human attention span doesn't extend beyond 20 minutes (I presume that 99% of my readers are human).

No comments: