Thursday, October 26, 2006

Separation Anxiety

After two days devoid of blogging and after much consideration and reflection, I have come to the following conclusions:

I am not really a diva, but I want to be remembered as one.

I thought I would make a tongue in cheek entry about the Electra complex, after having read about it in Wiki. I thought I would joke about the obsession of early psychologists with things of a particularly explicit nature. My Achilles heel turns out to be my obsession with the hidden 'artistic' value of things thus leading to the inability to make tongue in cheek jokes.

I am amazed by Hieronymus Bosch. A diletantte might mistake the cursed medival obsession with sin for 20th century Surrealism. Yet, despite what I may think rationally, I have a morbid fear of this piece by Bosch.



The Hell Part from 'The Garden of Earthly Delights'

According to one of the laws of thermodynamics (I barely remember high school physics, so how am I supposed to remember the exact numbering of the laws?), a system does no work if it returns to its initial state. If religious scripture is to be believed, we come into the world from one source and leave at the other end into the same source. Therefore, existence is futile! (This is why I chose to be agnostic. At least I can enjoy living in denial.)

I think the previous statement is the aftermath of too much Hieronymus Bosch.

When I have nothing to blog about, I put pictures of works of art in my blog.

If this attack of veracity persists, I will put an end to the self-proclaimed theory that 'Lying is a habit and no longer an art'.

1 comment:

John said...

I think.. therefore I am.