Thursday, July 20, 2006

Censored and Still Blogging!

I don't know how many of you in India will get to see this entry, but I hope that by now you too have found a stealthy way to access your pet peeve. For the information of those not in India, the government has decided to curb the freedom of expression by 'blacking out a few popular blogsites like blogspot'. Their reasons are incomprhensible to the average habitual blogger such as your's truly. I call this a half hearted effort at blocking! Several popular blogsites are still up and running. In fact you can still access my blogs at livejournal and msn spaces. I thought I would lose this blog forever, but now I've found a way.(Thanks to the news channels.)
Of course, I believe this phase will pass.Especially after bloggers start to take legal action and after the government forgets why it blocked blogs in the first place. As they said on the news, sooner or later, ignorant, technologically challenged politicians and public servants will start blogging. It's only a matter of time.

I don't need censorship, I don't need to be goaded with a stick. I blog because it is my right. No one owns the internet!

No comments: