Monday, June 12, 2006

All Grown Up

I won't lie about my age anymore. There it is, I'm 21. I often wish I could reverse those numbers and be 12 instead. Things didn't seem impossible back then. I am not very different now. It's just that I am more cynical. I had dreams, I don't know where those dreams are.I don't know if it's worth investing the time and the energy in following them.
I feel older now. It's as though the weight of my complications are bringing me down. Still somewhere, I don't feel a thing. It's as though I'm floating through life, like something insignificant. I guess that's how a 'grown-up' rationalizes. I guess it is my cheap justification for classifying my dreams as adolescent-hormonal-rants. Here it is, I am 'comfortably numb'.

When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse,
Out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look but it was gone.
I cannot put my finger on it now.
The child is grown, the dream is gone.
I have become comfortably numb.
From the song 'Comfortably Numb' by Pink Floyd

2 comments:

baddi_maga said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
baddi_maga said...

A functional monotonous life,
Like a bland, emotionless curry-
With all the spices missing.
A crashing down of old day dreams,
Replaced by a clustered, mediocre reality.