Monday, June 19, 2006

Acceptance?

The things that I have done in order to feel accepted! I almost feel ashamed to admit them. Before I open the vault of shame, let me clear a couple of misconceptions. I AM NOT A SHY PERSON! I can't help it if my voice has a soft high pitched tone, I was born with it. I did some theatre so that I could improve on the audibility factor. The louder I got, the squeakier it sounded, till I was afraid of sounding like one of 'The Powerpuff Girls'.
Alright, confession time, I used to be a 'shy' kid. In retrospect I think I was shy because I was made to believe that! Yes! I think it's the 'Pygmalion Effect'. People believe what they're told and strive to live up to their 'belief system'. I realize now, that I was acting a certain way in order to satisfy a million whimsical misconceptions. If I am shy why on earth would I keep a blog? Oops correction, 3 BLOGS! My closest friends insist that I am anything but 'laconic' (forgive the desperate vocab deviation).
Interesting! I never thought I'd ever acknowledge this fact on one of the most popular blogspots on the internet. Shy and unacceptable?? I don't think so!

No comments: