Saturday, May 27, 2006

1984

I just saw a film based on the novel 'Nineteen Eighty Four' by George Orwell. It was almost educational in the sense that it made me realize how blessed I am. I live in a country that still has some trace of democracy. There is no 'thought police' yet. We still can worship whatever we want to worship, we can still take marches out on the streets and disagree with 'Big Brother'. Sometimes all it takes is a simple reminder of someone else's plight in order to appreciate your current position. This has really opened my eyes to my own good fortune that I have taken for granted. I hope that I never forget this revelation for the rest of existence. I know for sure that I don't want to forget what freedom is like, even if it's limited.

3 comments:

baddi_maga said...

where did you get the DvD from!

anusree said...

i saw it on a channel called mgm which comes on dishtv

baddi_maga said...

oh cool...